Ca(r)pe Diem


Skirt // CHICWISH also in Red here
Cape // ZARA, same here 
Hat // H&M (old), similar here
Bag // ZARA, similar here
Top // ZARA (old), similar here







I strongly believe that most of us have those days asking ourselves "why I didn't do this, why I skipped the other, why I wasted my time in doing things with no meaning". The most skipped and forgotten task this passed year for me was going running. Oh, I could find so many excuses not to go: I had other things to do, more important (or so I thought), the weather was too hot or too cold or too wet, I was very tired etc.

About a month ago, I woke up one morning and felt my entire body aching, from the neck to my ankles, from my shoulders to my knees. What was wrong with me?! I started panicking and thinking many creepy scenarios... But, I had forgotten the most important. I had stopped working out for quite a long time. Of course I was walking my 6K steps daily outside for meetings and errands and of course I would do many things around the house, cleaning and ironing included, which I consider heavy tasks, but my body was on sleep mode.

So I challenged myself to answer why I had stopped doing something that I enjoyed so much. The main reason was "time". I used to go in the late afternoon, which was obviously why I stopped going. It was darker, colder and I was more tired. Although terrified by the thought, I decided to try morning workouts (not a morning person). And it worked! It's been a month that I go running 3-4 Km 5 days a week and I already feel so energized and fit.

And after my morning intense workout, I have a whole day to seize. #CarpeDiem

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke